Saturday, July 16, 2011

For a Girl to Know

I tend to hunger for a lot out of this life. My being craves to live among the needy in a foreign land. At the very center of this desire, my heart lies over the ocean making some days inadmissible. In the midst of this longing, I want friendship. I thirst for stability and affection. On the most typical of days, contentment is my yearning. But tonight, tonight I ache for a girl to know.

Abundant emotions saturate my body leaving me sleepless tonight. It is simple. I desire for a girl to know of Your endless love. My anguished heart longs for her to know that You exist. To know that You hold power. To know that You love. I could spend infinite hours naming all Your works--the ways in which You rescue and restore lives. How You bring hope and peace to the least of these. I could exhaust my intellect and quote scripture, giving examples of how You dwell among us. Eloquent words of Your truth and promises could fall from my lips making it sound like the most alluring sonnet ever heard. But a girl would not know.

No, not tonight. Tonight, there is a girl waiting for life to commence. She lays still in her bed not knowing she is running because she is fearful. She is searching for forever. And tonight, I long for her to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment