Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Little Mary



My heart melts when I think about little Mary. Walking through the house, she greets "Hoppa" and calls him "silwy boooya" repeatedly. I don't try to stop her for she has captured my soul. Her enthusiasm and joy for life's little pleasures engage me as I watch her discover her surroundings. One by one, she picks up plastic bugs from a bug collection and sifts through several books that she claims are her own. Her affinity for playdough and lodging it in narrow crevices make my time with her more than worth it. She learns. Using marshmellows to "do 1,2,3" and color with a "crayun" she draws a "pitshure" just for me. Little Mary finds just what she wants. I read to her out of her princess book and she describes to me which princess is her favorite. Enthralled by every detail, she looks to me and declares each princess her own. "My Ariuul. My Beyelle." It's in the way she says "butterply" with love and how we tell each other "Shhh. I hear Tinka Bell". It's when she just wakes up from a nap and wants to cuddle with me. My heart is attached. This little girl has overwhelmed my soul.

2 comments:

  1. awwww who is this little precious mary? tell me more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She was a little girl I was babysitting back in the fall. Of course now I don't have time anymore but it was fun while it lasted :) Hope you're good!!

    ReplyDelete